I don’t do yoga as a daily ritual. I know I should do yoga, I’ve tried yoga but it just makes me feel inadequate. So, I walk my dog, Benny. That’s my daily meditation. I don’t take my iPod. I don’t take a friend to talk to. I just take my dog. We walk one of about 1,000 different walking routes that we’ve figured out over the years. It doesn’t matter, to Benny, it’s like he’s discovered the New World. Everyday. I love seeing the change in seasons (fall’s my favorite). I love seeing all my dog buddies. Quite frankly, I don’t think any of the humans know each other’s names, just the dogs but that’s okay we’re really there for them. I wave at the cars that go by and I’ve had people stop me in the grocery store and say, “Aren’t you the girl that walks the dog every day? I love seeing you.” It makes me feel good to think I affected someone’s morning by just walking my dog. Benny is getting older so the walks are getting slower and shorter but we keep doing it. I know there is yoga for dogs now but I like to think that isn’t Benny’s cup of tea either, like me, walking is his meditation time too.
- Vanessa on Tucker, Will Tucker You Out but…He’ll Be a Great Family Dog!
- Cathy on Rubber Ducky You’re the One – Make Yourself Smile Adopt a Ducky
- ann mcfarland on Rubber Ducky You’re the One – Make Yourself Smile Adopt a Ducky
- Nanette Gordon-Cramton on Rubber Ducky You’re the One – Make Yourself Smile Adopt a Ducky
- Paula on Rubber Ducky You’re the One – Make Yourself Smile Adopt a Ducky